Seriously, are you really as Greek as you think you are? Have a glimpse at our list of ways to tell that you are Greek-American.
1. Standing in a line for more than ten minutes is an absolute no-no, which would be a way of life for you if you were 100% Greek.
2. The place which you enjoy frequenting should be of top quality; this doesn't appeal to your Greek-Greek friends and family who always want to be at the trendiest spots even though the quality may not be good.
3. Being comfortable and cool take priority over style. For the Greek-Greeks, dressing up for the catwalk is just part of your daily life even if you're just going to the corner store.
4. You've got to have your quiet time, and cannot constantly be surrounded by friends and noisy family members who never stop talking.
5. You will have times when you try to stop smoking, not drinking too much and try a vegetarian diet. If you're a Greek-Greek, life may seem pointless without such things. "Trelathikes paidaki mou?" which means, "what's the use of life if you do?"
6. You attend church on Sundays and fast. Greek-Greeks either have a 'Thanatos' complex, or they've been hanging out with your giagia and papou too long.
7. Your caffeine intake for the day is reasonable and limited, you know... a few cups a day, which would be the opposite case if you're a Greek-Greek, making it more of an hourly thing.
8. By the time you are forty, you'll have two kids and a mortgage. If you're Greek-Greek, don't bother, there is plenty of time.